Because we help our clients leverage NTGD, plus we're partnering once again with our friends at the North Texas Community Foundation (NTCF) to help produce the Tarrant County Kick-off Event scheduled for Wednesday, September 19, 2018, from 5:30 - 8:30 pm at Shipping & Receiving in Fort Worth (stay tuned for more details), we attended the Tarrant County orientation meeting last week at Nolan Catholic High School.
In case you missed it, here are some new and different items to note:
- Laura Bush has been secured at North Texas Giving Day's first Honorary Chair.
- Early bird registration is tomorrow, June 15th (this gives more inclusion in publicity efforts). The final registration deadline is August 15th.
- In honor of NTGD's 10th anniversary, this year's scheduled giving will be open September 10 to September 19.
- A new feature this year is that donors can create peer-to-peer FUNdraising pages! These pages will allow donors to activate their networks and fundraise for their favorite nonprofit.
- In an effort to help donors give their time as well as their dollars, organizations will have the ability to add volunteer needs to their nonprofit pages.
- The new nonprofit portal makes it easy for organizations to maximize their profile. Through the portal, organizations can add customized donation levels, photos and videos, volunteer opportunities, and approve FUNdraisers. Approved nonprofits can access additional training on the "Resources" tab. Through the portal, organizations can access their donor report during scheduled giving and on North Texas Giving Day as well as send receipts through the portal.
- Donors will have the ability to create donor accounts to keep track of their donations year after year! Through their donor account, they can also create FUNdraising pages for their favorite nonprofits and download their NTGD receipt.
- This year making multiple donations is easier than ever! With the shopping cart feature, donors can shop for all their favorite nonprofits and check out through one easy process!
- Nonprofits will be able to enter checks, cash, and other offline gifts to be counted toward their NTGD total. (These gifts are not eligible for Bonus Funds, but do count toward prizes.)
- Electronic check distributions will be offered this year to help nonprofits receive their donations even faster!
- This year, nonprofits will be charged a registration fee based on annual budget. Organizations with budgets up to $249,999 will pay a $50 registration fee. Organizations with budgets $250,000+ will pay a $100 registration fee.
*North Texas Giving Day (NTGD) is an 18-hour online giving event designed to empower every person to give back to their community by supporting local nonprofits and causes they care about in one easy-to-use platform.